In 1912, Willis and Alice Aldridge purchased Gerlack Furniture and Undertaking from Jake Gerlack. The Aldridges owned and operated the mortuary along with their General Mercantile until 1946. That year they sold the mortuary to their daughter and son-in-law, Virginia (Aldridge) and Gip Webb.
In 1968, the Webbs enlarged the mortuary and added a chapel. The Webb's oldest son Richard, continuing in the family business, bought the mortuary from his parents in 1986. In 1999, Richard hired Terry Shinkle as his associate who formed a close bond with the community and took the opportunity in January 2002 to purchase the mortuary from Richard.
In 2018, the Shinkles opened Shinkle Mortuary in Haysville, a branch of Webb-Shinkle in Clearwater.