In 1912, Willis and Alice Aldridge purchased Gerlack Furniture and Undertaking from Jake Gerlack. The Aldridges owned and operated the mortuary along with their General Mercantile until 1946. That year they sold the mortuary to their daughter and son-in-law, Virginia (Aldridge) and Gip Webb.
In 1968, the Webbs enlarged the mortuary and added a chapel. The Webb's oldest son Richard, continuing in the family business, bought the mortuary from his parents in 1986. In 1999, Richard hired Terry Shinkle as his associate who formed a close bond with the community and took the opportunity in January 2002 to purchase the mortuary from Richard.
Today, as current owners, Terry and his wife Kathy Shinkle, continue to run the business with integrity and a commitment to the community and surrounding area.
- 1912 -1946 - W.E. Aldridge
- 1946-1986 - Virginia (Aldridge) and Gip Webb
- June 29, 1969 - Dedication of Chapel
- 1986-2002 - Richard L. Webb
- 2002-present - Terry and Kathy Shinkle
Our chapel is large enough to accommodate 125 people with seating up to 200 in the overflow areas. The casket showroom is one of the largest in the area displaying 26 full-size caskets in all price ranges..